Super busy around the blogosphere today. We're into the weekend, folks, which is a great thing. Speaking of which, here is your great evening Sift...
A- Reactions were aplenty around the SoFla blogosphere for today's vice presidential pick by John McCain. Here are some of them.
- Babalu: She knows how to catch trout and she's placed in a Miss Alaska contest and that makes her the perfect choice.
- Smashed Frog: The ongoing ethics investigation against Ms. Palin.
- Reidblog: Who says a VP of the United States needs experience...or ethics?
- 26th Parallel: In short...I don't know a lot about Palin but I really like the pick because Obama doesn't have a corner on the "change" mantle any longer but with McCain and Palin it's "true change" and it's great for conservatives. Gotta run, see ya in a few weeks!
- Man or Maniac: Has the transcript of the conversation that resulted in her selection.
- Bark Bark Woof Woof: "[T]he right-wing, the evangelicals, and the low-informed voter who will not examine her record" will be happy.
- Discourse: A desperation move.
- Random Pixels: Thank you, John McCain!
What's really hilarious is listening to Republicans, many of whom have never heard of this woman until this morning, sing her praises and spinning her "executive experience." It takes real chutzpah to call the former mayor of backwater town in Alaska as someone with "executive experience." Just think of their reaction had Obama picked a running mate with comparable experience.
B- Jeff Eats loves Andiamo.
I got a terrific pizza joint for you...Andiamo!...which is located in Miami. I had dinner in this joint last night and I have to tell you that Andiamo!’s makes one of the best brick-oven pizzas down here in South Florida...absolutely delicious. This joint also serves terrific salads, sandwiches and desserts.
C- Kate's Plates enjoyed Ra Sushi in South Miami.
As I mentioned before, perhaps the best part of this experience was the fact that our bill very pleasantly surprised us. The trendy decor and dim lights give the effect of a pricey restaurant, while the menu told a different story. I would recommend RA to anyone looking for a fun night out and good food, without having to break the bank. And with a happy hour that offers $1 sake and beer for $2.75, I doubt you will need little convincing. Even better -- they offer several sushi rolls and appetizers at discounted prices as well.
D- Coconut Grove Grapevine takes on a City of Miami trash truck.
E- MAeX Artblog sources a Herald article and informs us that The Moore Space is closing.
F- Tropic of Mom loves her some Whole Foods.
I enjoy going to Whole Foods (I love their cheeses! Oh, cheese!), which is only a mile from my house, and I'm even following Whole Foods on Twitter. Anyway, I just found out Whole Foods has a blog! And podcasts! They are so high-tech and with it. Their Whole Body podcast has been focusing on back-to-school topics, and I know some readers have kids in school, so I just thought I'd point it out.